The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is a renowned Australian Government agency dedicated to scientific research and innovation. With its headquarters in Canberra, CSIRO operates over 50 sites throughout Australia, as well as in France, Chile, and the United States. Collaborating with leading organizations worldwide, CSIRO employs approximately 5,500 talented individuals who contribute to advancing scientific knowledge and technological advancements.
Why should join this program? CSIRO is actively investing in an innovative research portfolio focused on AI4Design, aiming to develop cutting-edge AI technologies that align with the objectives of modernizing the Australian industry and achieving Net Zero targets. In order to achieve these goals, CSIRO will collaborate closely with universities and industry partners to drive advancements in AI science, technology, and its impact on digital design, modeling, and the production of customized industrial devices.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2023
- University or Organization: CSIRO
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a first-class honours (H1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant research area (completed or near completion)
- Have applied for admission to a PhD program at an Australian university or be a student enrolled in their first 12 months of study in a PhD program at an Australian University
- Have a university supervisor who confirms they are willing and able to supervise the applicant
- Not already hold a PhD degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must follow the application process outlined by CSIRO. After that, they can apply through online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter and Resume/CV
- Academic Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with educational history, employment history, awards, publications/papers, and other relevant information
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the admission requirements of the PhD program at an Australian university.
- Language Requirement: The applicant must meet the language requirements of the university.
The scholarship program will cover all the following study expenses:
- An annual stipend of $42,500 (rising to $44,000 in year 3) or an optional top-up amount of up to $10,000 per annum
- Up to $5,000 per annum for learning and development funding over the term of the scholarship
- Additional benefits of up to $5,000 per annum for lab supplies
- Opportunity for travel to workshops, conferences, and other events
- Collaboration opportunities with internationally renowned researchers
- Access to world-class research facilities, tools, support, and resources
- Maximum scholarship term of 3 years (less any time lapsed in PhD if already enrolled and commenced studies at the university)
- Participation in the Next Generation Graduate Program cohort.