The award aims to support and encourage high-achieving Year 12 WACE school leavers to pursue an undergraduate degree at UWA, particularly those from regional or remote areas or who have completed the UWA Fairway Program or are Australian Indigenous Persons.
UWA was established in 1911 by an act of the Parliament of Western Australia and began teaching students two years later. It is the sixth-oldest university in Australia and it is also a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. In recent years, UWA has generally been ranked either in the bottom half or just outside the world’s, depending on the system used.
Why choose to study at the University of Western Australia?
Choosing to study with the University of Western Australia is a great decision. UWA is also recognized as one of Australia’s Group of Eight top research universities. It is especially famous for its teaching in life and agricultural sciences, psychology, education and earth and marine sciences
Application Deadline: July 8th, 2023
- University or Organization: University of Western Australia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor’s degree
- Award: $4,500.00
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Domestic Students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any bachelor’s degree program offered by The University of Western Australia
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must have a high academic standing, be enrolled in Year 12 at a secondary school in Western Australia, and meet certain criteria related to their ATAR and school location.
- UWA Fairway students who have completed the program or Australian Indigenous persons with an ATAR of at least 60 are also eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, applicants must take admission in a bachelor’s degree program at the university. After that, they can apply for this funding programme.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Photocopy of NSO Birth certificate, certificate of good moral character from High School (for incoming freshmen) and recent two (2) pieces 2×2 colored ID Pictures.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university before taking admission.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English ATAR, Literature ATAR, or English as an Additional Language/Dialect ATAR with a scaled mark of 50 or above.
The university will provide all the following study expenses:
- The scholarship is worth $4,500 and is offered to one student.
- It will assist and encourage eligible Year 12 WACE school leavers with great potential to commence and pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Western Australia.
- The scholarship is tenable for six semesters and can be used to pay for residential college accommodation or directly into the awardees’ nominated bank account.
- Regional or remote awardees will have the option to accept a place at one of UWA’s residential colleges, including University Hall.