The scholarship application can be made by international and Canadian students who want to enrol in a full-time master’s or doctoral program in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences. The scholarship award is worth $7,000 and is subject to renewal upon achieving a GPA of 3.5.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The UAlberta was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford and was the first premier of Alberta. It is ranked 110th in QS World University Rankings 2023 and 136th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Alberta?
The University of Alberta pursues excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, and citizenship. It is one of the top teaching and research universities in Canada and has an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering and health sciences.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications are open. But students are required to observe department or course-specific application deadlines.
- University or Organization: University of Alberta
- Department: Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Course Level: Master or Doctoral
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canadian and foreign national students are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for PhD studies at the University of Alberta.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be registered in a full-time in masters or doctoral program in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences.
- The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must access the university portal to apply for admission. Interested students must contact their department for details on their application process for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- Statement of Intent
- Reference letters
- Degree certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the requirements for entering the department they want to join at the University of Alberta.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 86
- TOEFL PBT – 560
- IELTS – 6.5
The University of Alberta will award two students this scholarship worth $7,000 for masters or PhD study.