The scholarship aims to support outstanding Australian graduates with postgraduate study at the world’s best universities, with a focus on excellence in their field, leadership potential, and a vision for contributing to a better Australia.
As one of Australia’s six sandstone universities, the University of Melbourne is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. It comprises ten separate academic units and is associated with numerous institutes and research centers.
Why study at the University of Melbourne?
The University of Melbourne provides a complete study experience based on innovation and forward-thinking for the candidates. They will be surrounded by a large multicultural environment, both in classrooms, as well as in society.
Application Deadline: 14 July 2023
- University or Organization: University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Up to $75,000 – $225,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Approximately 20
- Nationality: Australian citizens
- The award can be taken inAustralia
- Eligible Countries: Australian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in all subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens.
- Applicants must have completed or is about to complete a Bachelors’s degree.
- Candidate must be interested in enrolling at an overseas university to study post-graduation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online via the John Monash Foundation website.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vita
- Applicants must submit their academic transcripts at the time of application.
- Applicants’ photos must be submitted as well.
- A full statement of academic record, supported by scanned copies of relevant certified documentation.
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to present the admission requirements:
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate outstanding intellect with excellent academic merit.
- An honors degree with a classification of 1 or 2A or equivalent is considered for selection.
- Excellence in other areas such as music, language skills, and publications is preferred.
- Applicants with leadership skills within or outside the field of study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- Applicants must check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Melbourne University.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English, as most of the programs are taught entirely in English.
The successful candidates of the John Monash Scholarships will receive a stipend up to AU$75,000 each year of study (up to a maximum of 3 years).