The University of Sydney is a public research university, one of the oldest one at that, founded in 1850. As one of the country’s six sandstone universities, it is one of the best universities in Australia, consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world. The university proudly takes on the 28th rank among Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney?
Choosing to study at the University of Sydney is a great decision. The University of Sydney strives for education for all and leadership that improves the lives of all communities equally. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields, including business, engineering, health sciences, law, medicine, and more.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: Master’s by Research or PhD
- Award: Up to $40,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and international
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any discipline offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission for full-time enrolment in a PhD program or an unconditional offer of admission for full-time enrolment in a Master’s by Research program with the intent to transfer to PhD after satisfactory completion of the first annual progress evaluation within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney.
- The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of academic merit, their area of study and research proposal, or other evidence of research potential.
- Candidates must be a domestic or international student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first submit an admission Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for this scholarship. A separate application is not required.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Scholarship documentation
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
- Marriage/change of name certificate/identification
- Degree certificates
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to present the admission requirements:
- Applicants must hold at least an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Must have unconditional offer for full-time PhD or Master’s by Research program in Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney, with intent to transfer to PhD after 1st annual progress evaluation.
- International students currently outside Australia must have applied for their student visa before they commence their studies.
- Students may be required to spend a certain amount of time embedded with the industry partner’s offices, as agreed between the supervisor and the industry partner as permitted by the University of Sydney (Higher Degree by Research) Rule 2011.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The university will provide all the following:
- The University of Sydney will award the winning candidates a scholarship stipend allowance of $40,000 per year.
- Master’s by Research recipients can receive the stipend for up to one year, while PhD recipients can receive it for up to three years with a possible six-month extension.
- The scholarship also covers academic course fees and the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) for a successful international applicant, subject to satisfactory academic performance.